A few days back I noticed that some of my client sites built on the Thesis WordPress theme were rendering incorrectly in Google Chrome. I doubt this is a Thesis specific issue and I checked and double checked the CSS but for the life of me I couldn’t see what I might have done wrong. My pages displayed correctly on earlier builds of Chrome and this only hapened in Chrome – see the damage to the menu after the header image in the screenshot below.
I went nuts trying to work out what was causing it. As it turned out the problem was caused by using a custom function to display a clickable header image. Extra home links were being thrown into the menu area. The problem was overcome using a CSS based header image or the header image uploader in Thesis 1.8. You’ll find a good overview of the alternate methods here.